Tuesday 1 January 2013

One Second

And the 2013 challenge begins ....



One Second - 1/1/2013 - 12:04am

A gorgeous creative friend at a New Year pool party reminded me the "picture a day" has already been done ....   but what hasn't been?

In the end I guess my challenge is to let go whatever limits my potential .... in which case maybe just about any and all ideas are worth giving a go.

We came up with "one second" .... for kick-off,  so NOT being a keen tripod user, I hand held my Nikon D300S for a "one second" photo at midnight, 1 January 2013.

From the balcony of a Freemans Bay villa we looked out over rooftops and chimneys to  Auckland's Sky Tower exploding it's celebratory fireworks.

My first email for 2013, at 2am, was from dear friends living in Grand Cayman Island who had just watched the same fireworks on BBC television news, New Zealand being the first to cheer in the new year.....  

Click the "Follow by email" box on the right hand side -  to keep up with what's next ... from my view ..

2 comments:

  1. Love this photo, Julia, thanks for posting! And I think a "picture a day" is a wonderful idea when the pictures are as creative and beautiful as yours. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete